Infusion with Port Access and Arm X-Rays

On July 9th, I had another infusion and x-rays for my arm. This was my first infusion wherein I would be awake while my port was accessed. I had been told to use a numbing lotion prior to the infusion being done to help with pain. I wasn't really sure how to respond to that...it is just a poke, right? Anyway, I did end up putting on some numbing lotion prior to the infusion. Did it help? Well... Who knows! haha

The nurse that worked with me that day was excellent! When she found out it was my first time having my port accessed, she was really great at slowing down and explaining everything to me. Fortunately, I had learned that I needed to wear a 1/4 zip top for easier access without stretching my shirt neck. I STILL had to stretch the 1/4 zip top so that she could get the bandage on to hold the needle in place. Speaking of needle... It doesn't look like a normal needle. It looks much bigger! haha When she stabbed me with it (I use that term intentionally...), it was somewhat painful. Moreso than I had anticipated, especially with the numbing lotion on. That being said, it wasn't terrible. The process for gaining access seemed a little intensive, but still easier than the IV approach. And being able to have free movement of both arms afterward was wonderful! I was, and still am, very glad that I got the port.




I also had an infusion on July 23rd. This one was a bit weird... I showed up to the infusion center a little late due to heavy traffic through Lehi. That being said, I still had to wait for roughly half an hour to be taken back to my pod. That's very unusual. However, once I got back there, things moved really quickly. My port was accessed in a matter of minutes WITHOUT pain and everything went rather smoothly! The port has been excellent!

Back to the 9th...

On July 3rd, 2019, I had surgery on my left upper arm to remove a tumor from inside my arm bone. The tumor was causing my arm bone to essentially deteriorate and breakdown. The tumor was removed and I was started on a treatment to address that. In conjunction with that, they wanted follow up x-rays. So, on the 9th, after my infusion, I had some x-rays done on my arm to see how things looked. As far as I can tell from the results I read (no word from the doc...), things look good and there aren't any concerns! Below are the pictures of the x-rays. Pretty cool!





#FaithOverFear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Back and the new Chinese Medicine Doctor

Lifechanging news...

Second Brain Surgery