5K Fundraiser Run

About a month ago an old buddy from college, Geoff, reached out to me wanting to help us out financially. He is part of an organization called Midweek Run that helps to organize fundraiser races for individuals. I was very touched that he wanted to help out and that his organization was willing to put in the time and energy to put this together. We did the fundraiser run on July 11th up in Draper, just down the street from where I grew up. It was a humbling experience to have family and friends show up to support my family and me, not just financially, but emotionally and mentally. To know that we aren't in this fight alone helps. At times, this fight against cancer can become somewhat all consuming and it's nice to know that there are individuals we can turn to if we needed to.

The race was a lot of fun! The weather was beautiful! In fact, the heat cooled off just in time for the race to start and the rain avoided us as well! The park was a great park for the run AND we even had Wonder Woman and Michaelangelo show up to support us! It was just a great evening and I really enjoyed visiting with individuals that have always been supportive and helpful!

A huge thanks to Midweek Run and my good buddy Geoff for all their efforts and a huge thanks to everyone that showed up to support us! I appreciate you guys running for me and my family and helping us out!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Back and the new Chinese Medicine Doctor

Lifechanging news...

Second Brain Surgery