2/6 Infusion

On Thursday, February 6th, I had an infusion up north and an appointment with Dr. Lindsey.

My infusion was scheduled for 10:00 am, but I needed to be there at 9:00 am to get my blood work started. For some reason, I felt the need to leave the house at 7:30 am to get there on time. As I headed out, the roads were TERRIBLE! They hadn't been plowed and everyone was driving well under the speed limit. As I got through Nephi Canyon around 8:20 am, it suddenly hit me. And maybe it hit you as you read... Manti is 2.5 hours from Huntsman on a normal day. If I left at 7:30 am, I wouldn't get to Huntsman until 10:00 am and I'd be an hour late! On top of already being an hour late, the roads were awful all the way to the point of the mountain just before Draper! I had to stop for gas in Nephi and I called Huntsman to let them know I'd be late.

How on earth did I make such a big mistake? How did I not realize I needed to leave earlier? I recalled at one point knowing it would be an early morning that required getting up at 5:00 am so I could leave at 6:30 am, but after that moment, my mind was fixated on leaving at 7:30 am. The roads were terrible and traffic was afwul due to it being rush hour. How did that happen? I settled on one of two reasons:

1. I just messed up! That simple.

2. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Sometimes God keeps your alarm clock from going off when it's supposed to so that you are able to avoid the accident that would have happened if you'd left on time. In other words, maybe something really bad would have happened had I left at 6:30 am like I was supposed to and maybe, just maybe, leaving at that time slipped my mind until it was too late so that I could be kept safe.

Which of those was it? Well, I won't know for a while, but I made it to Huntsman without any issues. Parking was miserable, but I managed to get to the waiting room around 10:50 am, which was not quite two hours late. Fortunately, the IV went in on the first shot without issue and my blood work looked great!


Nailed it! Under side of the arm (generally more sensitive) and I hardly felt a thing!

The two infusions went smoothly and I was able to head to Dr. Lindsey's. My appointment with Dr. Lindsey was originally scheduled for 12:30 pm, which there was no way I was going to make at this rate. I called his office when I got to the lobby at Huntsman and, amazingly, he'd just had someone cancel and the 2:00 pm time opened up, which I took and made just in time. When things work out that way, I can't help but think reason #2 was the cause of me being late...

My visit with Dr. Lindsey was good. I've been struggling to sleep lately. I've been struggling with some items and when that happens I spend a lot of time at night with these issues running through my head. He adjusted my treatment and I've been sleeping MUCH better ever since! Hallelujah! I've also been able to begin feeling peace regarding the issues I've struggled with. A priesthood blessing helped me out with that. The only minor issue was the impact of the Zomeda, my bone regrowth drug. I was pretty tired Friday morning and just struggled with energy throughout the day. Sometimes that's how the day after goes, but I'm getting used to it.

All in all, it wasn't too bad of a day. It started out a little hectic with a crazy commute up north, but things settled down quite a bit after that. I made it home safely and had a busy, but good, weekend. My next infusion is on the 20th of February and I'll have an MRI that day. I believe that will be of my brain. I was down to 5 brain tumors on December 12th, so we will see what these images have to show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Back and the new Chinese Medicine Doctor

Lifechanging news...

1/23 Infusion and Visit