We got insurance approval!

Some of you might remember what happened during the Summer... New brain tumors had grown and we tried to get approval for targeted radiation on the new tumors. Unfortunately, because the tumors in my body were out of control, I was declined radiation. This was also about the same time I was told I might have Leptomeningeal disease. In other words, it was a challenging summer.

My scan on 2/20 indicated possible disease progression that merited targeted radiation, IF we could get the approval. Fortunately, the approval came! I have an appointment with my radiation oncologist on March 18th, followed by a treatment planning session (where they fit that dreaded mask!), and then an MRI in prep for radiation. We will see how those go!

The following day, March 19th, I'll have body CT scans along with another infusion. It will be a couple of busy days, but hopefully everything goes well!

This is what the first mask did to my head... And it felt a lot worse than it looks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Back and the new Chinese Medicine Doctor

Lifechanging news...

1/23 Infusion and Visit