#FaithOverFear

One of my favorite parts about this journey with cancer was sitting at our booth for the events and handing out wristbands. I absolutely loved visiting with people and hearing their stories. It was definitely one of the highlights. I'm grateful that Kim allowed me to buy the wristbands and dedicate so much time to sitting around and socializing. There was a lot of laughing, crying, and bonding. I'm grateful for all of the support that we were shown during that time and for the continued support we have received. I'm also grateful for the relationships that persist.

Not too long ago, Kim received a message on Facebook from someone we didn't really know. He introduced himself and notified us that the wristband his daughter had worn for almost a year had broken. She was devastated and he asked if he could buy another one from us. While driving home from up north one day, we dropped off a bag full of them.

I don't remember this girl, but it touched my heart to know that my wristband meant something to her. It still brings tears to my eyes. If nothing else, I just want my experience with cancer to help others. I'm grateful that he reached out and helped me feel like I'd made a difference for someone.

When I look back on this journey, I see a lot of things I could have done in my past to possibly prevent this. I see a lot of things I could have done to prevent my cancer getting so out of control. But when I pause and reflect on my spiritual journey and my emotional journey with my wife, I wouldn't change anything. This cancer has brought me closer to my Father in Heaven and has given me a platform to bear my testimony. No matter what happens to me, I will always know that God is with me. I know that I can always dispel fear and replace it with faith. I know that God lives and that He is intimately involved in every aspect of our lives. If you don't have a relationship with God, or it's gone sour over the years, I invite you to find Him. Finding Him was the best thing that ever happened to me and it will be for you, too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Back and the new Chinese Medicine Doctor

Lifechanging news...

1/23 Infusion and Visit